If you have received antibiotics for your urinary tract infection you may not be happy particularly with the news surrounding antibiotic overuse.
If you have had recurring urinary tract infections in the last few years, you might be questioning whether antibiotics are actually causing you more harm than good. The truth is that most repeat sufferers will choose many antibiotics that simply do not work. Did you know that of those patients using antibiotics, one quarter will get a repeat infection within the year?
If you haven’t done so already, maybe it is time you consider using simple and effective natural health remedies which could cure and prevent UTIs.
The Danger with Urinary Tract Infection Antibiotics
Antibiotics are everywhere! The truth is that antibiotics work for most infections because they kill bacteria. Unfortunately, you have both ‘good’ and ‘bad’ bacteria in your bladder and urinary tract.
By killing both the good and bad bacteria, you are leaving your tract vulnerable to another infection. This is why so many patients will continue to repeat sufferers.
If you have suffered from multiple infections, you are the perfect candidate for trying natural remedies to cure your UTI. Let me explain.
UTI Natural Remedies
If you are like a lot of people, you hear the word ‘remedies, ‘ and you immediately become skeptical. Fortunately, scientific research has also entered the natural health field. And you will be surprised at the findings.
The 2 biggest factors for curing and preventing urinary tract infections is keeping a strong immunity to fight off the infection (prevention) and allowing your body to flush the bacteria that is causing the infection (the cure).
Many natural health doctors state that a urinary tract is the easiest ailment to treat naturally because your body was made to fight it off naturally. And the way they did it hundreds of years ago is the same way you can do it today! Here are some easy pointers to get you started!
1. Drinking water throughout the whole day is a great place to start. Women should aim to drink at least 100 ounces, and men should aim to get 120 ounces. You will notice going to the bathroom a lot more; do not hold it.
2. Supplementing Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) and zinc can be beneficial for giving your immune system a quick boost.
3. If you drink natural ie unsweetened cranberry juice and take cranberry tablets you will find that helpful for flushing the E coli bacteria that is causing the infection.
4. The water-soluble dietary fiber in fruits and vegetables is essential because it keeps the bladder flushed and gives your body minerals and vitamins for better overall health.
5. Educate yourself. There have been hundreds of studies done on UTI natural health, and they have found a handful of common remedies that work. A good rule of thumb is that better overall health will lead to better urinary health.